Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tipsy Tuesday- Hob Nob Pinot Noir Review

Here is my first edition of Tipsy Tuesdays!  Every week I will review a new "spirited" beverage. 
My first review is of one of my all time faves
Hob Nob Pinot Noir


Let me start by saying I love red wine!  It's great with a fancy dinner, appetizers with friends, or pizza with the hubbie and kids.  (The latter is typically my "wine scene" these days)  I used to drink primarily Merlots, but sometimes a vintage would be a little too acidic for my taste. A wine sommelier may differ in her interpretation of Merlot wine, but that's what I taste and I'm sticking to it!

I found Hob Nob during our yearly trip to cut down our Christmas tree.  After hours of walking through fields of pine needles and whiny kids, we stopped at a local  pizzeria to feed the beasts before our long ride home.  There DH and I enjoyed our first bottle of Hob Nob Pinot Noir.  (Do you hear the choirs of angels singing?  Believe me, it was a miracle that we all made it out of the tree farm without any injuiries.)

Hob Nob Pinot Noir is easy to drink and has a hint of fruitiness.  It blends easily with all types of food and doesn't leave you with that "cotton mouth" aftertaste that some "stuffy" wines do.  It's great for entertaining because it is a little sweeter that a typical red.
 
Hob Nob Pinot Noir was also reviewed Kelly of Kansas City Mamas
Check it out!

At $8 to $10 a bottle, it's a no brainer.  If you need an easy-to-serve red wine, that won't break the bank,  Hob Nob Pinot Noir is definitely worth a try. 

Cheers,

No comments: