Monday, January 19, 2009

My Review of Dead Until Dark (HBO's True Blood Series)

(This was written at the request of my Groove Sister Supah-D)

Yes, I L-O-V-E-D the Twilight series... Edward, Bella, The Cullens... ALL of IT. And YES, I was quite upset to finish book #4. But at last, I have found an equally as FAB replacement.





The Dead Until Dark Series (aka The Sookie Stackhouse Novels aka HBO's True Blood). I am in love all over again.

Here is more from Amazon:
Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea. A fun, fast, funny, and wonderfully intriguing blend of vampire and mystery that's hard to put down, and should not be missed. (Susan Sizemore)

Now if you watch the series True Blood, you will find the tv series follows the book pretty accurately (I think better than the Twilight movie and its book.. of course just my opinion). But the benefit of starting with the first book is that the characters are further developed and relationship are better explained. And it's quick reading anyway, so you will breeze through it.

In books number 2 (Living Dead in Dallas) and number 3 (Club Dead), things get really interesting. Sookie is always getting into some sort of trouble with her vampire crew (which I must add are very sexy... at least in my head). In book number 4, Sookie finds herself again in a situation where she is called by the Supes (Supernaturals) for assistance.

I finished book number 4 (Dead To The World) in 2 days. I can't put these books down. There is love, sex, drama, mystery, suspense... you name it... it is in here!


Please don't wait any longer ladies... There IS life after Twilight!


2 comments:

" Dallas " said...

How wonderful Ali

Thanks for the great review !
Please visit my blog and maybe call into my True Blood radio show !
i'd love for you to write more about Sookie!

thanks ,"D"

http://lovingtruebloodindallas.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

I love this series too, although I have only read the first book so far. Great review!