Monday, July 18, 2011

Don't Call It A Comeback, I've been Here For Years!

I have that LL COOL J song in my head- Mamma Said Knock You Out!  Cheesy I know!

It's been well over 2 years since I've posted.  Time flies!  I have been lurking on my favorite blogs, but just not in that "blogging state of mind".  Something just clicked recently and I felt like I needed to get get back on here.  I look forward to getting to know you all again.

Some major changes have occurred for me since my last post:

1.  Our family of 4 is now a family of 5.   Number 1 is now 7 1/2 and  Number 2 is now 5 1/2.  My Peanut girl is 10 months old.  It was definitely an adjustment going back to "baby" again.  The boys were well past diapers and sleepless nights.  Oh sleep- how I miss you so!
2.  DH is still working hard!  He works for a celebrity chef's casual dining chain and is traveling all over the Northeast! 
3.  I have been trying to lose weight.  (well some things never change after 2 years)  DH and I have been doing Medifast.  Of course he has lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and I have lost 5.  Those men!  It's just not fair!
4.  I have decided to change the name of the blog.  Most friends say I am the Queen of Useless information.  I didn't think that would be a good blog title, so I changed it to Ali's Answers.

Hope I didn't bore you.  Onto my first post. 

Medifast Monday (-2 pounds)
I would like to lose 20 pounds by labor day.  I like Medifast.  It is easy to follow and there is little thought involved in staying on program.  I eat 4 medifast meals and 1 lean and green meal each day.  I can usually stay on program for most of the week and see a weight loss by Friday.  The problem I have are those darn weekends!  BBQs, parties, and hanging out with hubbie and friends.   It is so hard to stay on track!  Now I know what you are thinking.  (Insert motherly voice her)  Ali if you are truly committed you will not eat those chips and salsa and drink Jack Daniels and Coke Zero.  But (insert childlike whiny voice here) it's fun!!  Waaaaa!
Anyway, I am going to use my Monday posts for accountability.  I won't tell you the number I weigh in at, but I will tell what I am down.  Th plan is for 25 pounds by labor day.  Only 23 more to go.  Ugh!

On a positive note, I did run/ walk my first 5k this weekend!  It was a great feeling of accomplishment, crossing that finish line and not passing out!  There was a group of 9 of us from work.  Most have been training with Couch to 5K.  It is an amazing running program that helps you train from walking to running a 5K in 9 weeks!  For those who don't know about it, check it out!  Sasha (an old friend in my head) also blogs about it here
I have the app on my IPhone and am starting the program this week.  I just have to figure out what to do with my crazy kids when I run. 

What activities do you do to try to stay in shape?  And more importantly, what do you do with your kids?

No comments: