Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stephenie Meyer- Literacy Goddess

I never really read a book. Who had the time with school, work, and now a family? When I sat down I wanted to watch tv and veg out... until I was introduced to Stephenie Meyer.



Twilight, Twilight, Twilight! It is all the buzz around here. My friends read it, my nieces read it, my sil reads it, it is an epidemic (a good one- if that exists....) I have read all 4 books and an online version of Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edwards point of view on Stephenie Meyer's website). All of this reading within a month! (Not too shabby for someone who has not picked up a book since grad school.)


Twilight has won a variety of awards- the one that I find the most meaningful is from the American Library Association "Top Ten Books for Reluctant Readers".


So- as the time approaches to the unveiling of the Twilight movie, I want to give thanks to SM, a FIMH, for bringing back the love of reading into my life.






No comments: